– Set goal amount of daily drinking water and track it.
– Log amount of daily drinking water.
– Touch to log each drinking.
– Customize volume of each glass of water.
– Customize how much of water you drink each time, 1/4 glass, 1/2 glass
– Plan drinking schedule and it will remind you when it’s time.
Hidrate *Bottle Additional Purchase:
– Hidrate Spark is a ‘smart water bottle’ that automatically tracks how much water you drink and syncs with this app via Bluetooth. This bottle will even glow from within when you need to drink more water.
– Unlimited access to 100s of fitness classes in running, treadmill, cycling, elliptical, and more (Find out more on their homepage here)
– High intensity interval training to help you more effectively burn calories, build muscle, and lose weight
– Amazing playlists filled with the music you already love
– Full marathon & half marathon and 5K & 10K training programs
– Customizable workouts for distance, duration, intensity, and calories burned
– The ability to track your progress directly in app
– Health app integration so you can have all your workout data saved in the Health app.
– Track activity = many use for the steps but can also track workouts, heart rate, fitness challenges, distance and calories burned
– Track sleep = set goals for sleep, reminders when it’s time to get ready for bed, silent alarms that will wake you with light vibrations on the device
– Log food and hydration
– Set and manage goals
– Share and compete with friends!
Bariatric Specific Apps
– Nutrition and Water Tracking
– Reminders – Vitamins, Water, Protein Shakes, Meals, Other
– Bariatric Food, Water, and Bite Timer
– Create a Photo Timeline to Track Your Journey
– Patient Journal – Log thoughts, take pics, rate your hunger an happiness.
– Newbie Checklist – Stay on task and get to surgery.
– Bariatric Surgery Specific Recipes
– Bariatric Surgery Specific Resources
– Baritastic Social Support Group
– Connect to YOUR Bariatric Program Through the Baritastic App
– Body Mass Index Chart
Health Partner for Weight Loss Surgery:
– Motivational feedback to help you stay focused on your journey.
– Customizable action plan to stay on track with your appointments.
– Educational resources for practical and emotional support.
– Reminders to help create healthy habits for things like exercise and supplements.
– Integration with tracking apps to see your weight and nutrition progress.
– Stories from bariatric patients who discuss their challenges and successes.
– Healthy bariatric recipes for the different diet phases.
Nutrition & Food Journals
MyFitnessPal: – #1 Health and Fitness app for 4 years straight
– Track your diet and exercise in less than 5 minutes a day
– Largest food database of any iPhone calorie counter – over 5,000,000 foods and growing daily
– Easiest and fastest food entry – remembers your favorites, add multiple foods at once, save and add entire meals, and more.
– Connect with over 50 devices and apps including Apple Health, Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Garmin, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, Misfit, Withings, and more!
– Recipe importer -Recipe importer lets you visit any recipe on the web and easily import and track it with just a tap! **Use it for recipes on FoodCoach.Me!!
– Built-in step tracker – iPhone 5S/6/6+ users can track steps right from their phone, no separate tracker required
– Steph’s favorite: The macros ‘pie chart’ Check out this post on how to Use MyFitnessPal for Weight Loss Surgery
MyPlate (by LiveStrong):
– Browse a comprehensive database with over 2 million foods
– Find out which foods you eat contain the most calories
– Use our handy barcode scanner to find and track food easily
– Create custom foods and meals
– Set up automatic tracking in the future with the recurring food feature
– Review detailed data and create custom goals for your macronutrients and micronutrients
– Keep track of your water intake
– Follow along with in-app workouts you can do at home, at the gym or anywhere
– Get real-time, 24/7 support from members of our motivational community and others on a similar journey
– Set meal reminders to keep you on track
– Log food by simply taking a photo! Snap It is a feature within Lose It! that makes food tracking as easy as taking a picture. Your dreams, answered (Snap It, 2016 CES Innovation Award Winner).
– Track more than just calories with macronutrient, water, health, and body measurement goals.
– Connect trackers, apps, & devices like Fitbit trackers, Misfit trackers, Fitbit scales, Withings scales, Healthkit, and more.
Step up your game with fun weight loss, fruit/veggie, and exercise challenges. Create your own private challenge with friends, or join a public challenge for serious motivation!
– How big is a serving of cheese? Get guidance using our Serving Size Guide, designed to help estimate portions and create a more mindful eating experience.
– Stay on track with Meal Targets, which calculates suggested calories per meal based on your plan to encourage more confident meal choices.
– Plan ahead with Meal Planning. You can even customize your meal and snack names for more accurate records (Second breakfast, anyone?).
Watch Me Eat – Eat Slower ($2.99)
– Reduce the portion you eat but still eat it in approximately 15-20 minutes.
– Set the portion size and don’t go back for seconds.
– Leave a couple of good size bites at the end to help end the meal session.
– Use for snacks as well. Reduce time to about 10 minutes.
– Brush your teeth soon after you eat. It is a good way of telling your body that the meal is over.
– Use the app for all meals small or large. If you are not monitoring your pace you’ll be surprised how easy it is to fall back into eating faster which will lead to overeating.
– You can configure the application to play a sound or just vibrate or both.
– You have the option of using many different sounds for each bite or select from a random set of typical dinner table sounds.
– Find everyday ideas you love—what to make for dinner, what to put on your walls, what to wear and more ideas for every part of your life.
– Save ideas for later—organize ideas by topic, so they’re always easy to find.
– Search by keyword or with your camera—discover ideas inspired by anything you point the Pinterest camera at.
– Collaborate with friends—save ideas together for your next group trip, party or project.
– Save ideas you find around the web—just use the Pinterest’s Save button on your mobile browser.
Check out this *members* video on how to Utilize Pinterest when Cooking for One after Weight Loss Surgery!
Stay up to date with MORE Bariatric Surgery need to know info…plus HUNDREDS of recipes, meal plans, video courses and community. Join our email list here and find out more about the FoodCoach.Me membership here (and try it for free!)