Enrolling Now! Winter 2023 Focus Month
Get focused with us February 6 to March 5Get More Info Here!
Cauliflower Rice Salmon Bowl – Dairy Free
Ever since the creation of cauliflower rice STEAMER BAGS I have been having a lot of fun creating “rice” dishes can be made super quickly and don’t have the high carbohdyrate content of actual rice.
Even brown rice is very carb rich. Also, because of the “swelling” nature that rice does when in liquid, it can have this same swelling effect in the small post-op pouch making rice either uncomfortable or just fills you up temporarily but increasing your hunger later. Carbs are so rude.
I love this recipe when I use FRESH salmon. It barely needs any seasoning at all and the flavor is simple and yet wonderful. I really love this meal.
I’ve never had great luck with frozen salmon. However, you CAN take a fresh piece of salmon and freeze it yourself, then thaw and cook later. This method of buying fresh and then freezing tends to maintain the flavor quality compared to buying packaged, frozen salmon fillets. That’s my two cents ;)
This particular version of the recipe is dairy free using a small amount of hummus as a condiment.
Other salmon recipes on FoodCoach.Me:
Salmon Cakes for One – Members Recipe
Cauliflower Rice Salmon Bowl - Dairy Free
- 12-16 oz pre-seasoned salmon fillet look for less than 8 grams carbohydrates per serving or season on your own
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 16 slices cucumber
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 4 tbsp pre-made hummus
- Heat oven and cook salmon per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook cauliflower in microwave per package instructions. Remove from bag and place in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp fresh dill. Toss and cover; refrigerate.
- Remove salmon from oven, allow to cool slightly. Divide into four portions.
- For plating: Add seasoned riced cauliflower to each plate. Add 4 slices cucumber, salmon and 1 tbsp hummus per plate. Garnish with a pinch more fresh dill and serve.