Cheeseburger Zucchini Pie – WLS Recipes
Perhaps, but the good kind. The surprising kind of strange that makes your family say “so what’s in this again?” Yep- they are surprised.
It reminds me of a shepherds pie. Only without potatoes and peas and better because I never liked shepherds pie growing up. You be the judge.
I made my ground beef mixture on the stove and transferred everything to a pie plate for looks. To keep it even more simple, you could use skillet that is oven safe and add the egg mixture to the skillet and put directly in the oven- similar to a quiche. In fact…you could also call this a crustless quiche.
Cheeseburger Zucchini Pie - WLS Recipes
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup 2% mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup grated parmeasan cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetend, unflavored almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 roma tomato sliced
- Heat oven to 400F. Spray a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook until browned and add onion and zucchini. Leave over heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spread beef mixture into pie plate and sprinkle cheese and lay tomato slices evenly on top.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk and grated parmesan cheese. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool about 5 minutes and serve.