Chicken Sausage Meatballs – Low Carb WLS Recipes
Here it is! The much anticipated meatball recipe from our LifeGroup dinner this week. Sprouts is one of my all time favorite grocery stores- they have a great selection of turkey and chicken sausage. Check your meat department wherever you shop and see what they offer. Don’t overlook the links (not pre-cooked…) as the casings can be removed easily!
Health Tip! Look for the lowest marinara sauce you can when shopping. Under 5 grams is a great goal if you can.
Chicken Sausage Meatballs - Low Carb WLS Recipes
- 1 lb ground chicken sausage or turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce lowest sugar available
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well incorporated and holding structure well.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, form into 12 meatballs and move to casserole dish or baking sheet with rim.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes and internal temperature reaches 160F.