Easy Southwest Frittata – Bariatric Recipes
I have been on such a frittata kick lately. They are super easy to make and pack a ton of flavor! I love having a Saturday morning frittata with the sun just waking up and coming in the windows. I can already feel it’s going to be a great weekend when I start it off with this routine!
Frittatas can be made so may different ways. The key here is to start things off on the stovetop and move it into the oven to set. Be sure to use a good non-stick pan for this. I love my Pampered Chef non-stick cookware and it makes life much easier for a recipe like this….egg can be tricky to clean up otherwise.
The Laughing Cow® provided me with product and a $10 gift card for this review. However, thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the brand.
Easy Southwest Frittata - Bariatric Recipes
- 6 strips turkey bacon, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese®, Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs and Laughing Cow Cheese®. Texture will look lumpy; continue whisking until blended. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add chopped turkey bacon. Cook until sizzling and move to a plate. Add peppers and onions to the skillet and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add cilantro and turkey bacon to the egg mixture. Add the egg mixture and spread using the back of a rubber spatula or spoon. Cover until the middle is almost set.
- With the lid still on, move skillet to oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven (use a heating pad) and using a rubber spatula, remove frittata to a cutting board. Sprinkle cheese if using and let sit one minute. Slice into 6 servings.