Garlic & Lemon Stuffed Chicken Breast
Garlic and Lemon Stuffed Chicken
Change up your chicken and green beans
This post is funny to me. Many times when I’m working with a client and emphasizing the importance of variety in their meals, I say something along the lines of,
“You can only eat chicken and green beans so long. Eventually you are going to think to yourself If I have to eat one more piece of chicken or one more green bean, I am going to lose it.“
For this reason, I think this post is funny. It’s about a meal of chicken and green beans. But here’s the thing. If you aren’t always resorting to chicken and green beans for a healthy meal, it can be rather enjoyable when you go back to a basic meal. There is still quite a bit of variety depending on how you approach it. Which this meal fits.
Fresh garlic (pressed is best, look into getting a garlic press if you don’t have one.) The lemon juice keeps the chicken moist but isn’t terribly noticeable in the end result. The chicken is stuffed with fat-free cream cheese and low-fat cheddar cheese, which if you allow dairy in your diet, tastes awesome.
Served with green beans (I used frozen, followed package directions to boil and drain) and a bit of salt and pepper. Classic weeknight healthy meal. You can never have too many!
Garlic & Lemon Stuffed Chicken Breast - WLS Recipe
- 4 (4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 2 oz 2% cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 egg
- cooking spray or olive oil spritzer
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butterfly chicken breast (cut in half horizontally but not all the way through).
- Divide cream cheese and cheddar cheese inside each chicken breast. Bring the top over to close and secure with a toothpick.
- Crack and whisk egg in a shallow bowl. Add grated parmesan cheese to another shallow bowl.
- Cover each chicken breast with egg mixture, then with cheese. Add to a baking pan (sprayed with cooking spray or olive oil).
- Once all chicken pieces are put in the dish, use a garlic press to add garlic over the chicken. Then squirt lemon juice all over chicken. Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165F.
One thought on “Garlic & Lemon Stuffed Chicken Breast”
I cooked this last night. Was the biggest hit at my house. Especially since my surgery. Will be using this recipe many times here forward. Love love