Paprika Yogurt Chicken Skewers
I’ve always loved kebabs….for some reason they are so much more fun and elightful than just grilled chicken breast!
Perhaps it’s the colors or the pretty display of smaller pieces of meat stacked together. You can add veggies so easily and create beautiful colors of marinated meats and veggies!
Shrimp, steak, chicken, pork…the possibilities are endless and the leftovers are always useful! Chop the leftovers and add to eggs or a salad or just enjoy them alone.
This time around I made a simple Greek yogurt sauce to marinade the chicken. Not only does this introduce wonderful flavors the with subtle yet fresh lemon taste, but the yogurt itself locks in moisture and keeps this chicken from drying out on the grill! This…is a bariatric patients friend. Lock in that moisture! This post on Chicken with Lime, Tomato, Cilantro Relish shares a handful of my favorite tips for keeping moisture in chicken!
Some of my other favorite kebab recipes (links below):
Paprika and Yogurt Chicken Skewers
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup 0% fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl add yogurt, lemon juice and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add cubed chicken to the bowl and use a rubber spatula to coat chicken with yogurt mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Heat outdoor grill to medium hight heat.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and thread on skewers. Coat grates with olive oil or cooking spray and add skewers to the grill. Close lid. Let cook for 5 minutes then flip skewer. Cook 5 minutes more and remove.
- Let cool until slightly until able to handle. Use a fork to remove chicken from skewer and serve with vegetables.