Salsa & Eggs Turkey Skillet – High Protein Recipe
What’s better than protein?
Protein on TOP of protein! ;) This super easy skillet dinner is a fun change of pace for those bariatric patients who really enjoy eggs. Talk about a powerful protein punch! Add your favorite jar of salsa to lean ground turkey (yes, beef is okay too as long as its 93% or greater) and crack a few eggs on top. Delicious!
Because this meal is so dense and filling, be sure to take very small bites and eat slowly. Aim for 20-30 minute meals but don’t graze on your meal any longer than 30 minutes. The first bite you took will be on it’s way out and you’ll still be eating. Therefore taking too long to eat is counter productive to portion control.
Cooking for one?? Split the ground turkey and utilize the other half of the package for another recipe such as one of these recipes for Bariatric Friendly Turkey Burgers! Then you can alternate your meals between the very different flavors of this Salsa & Eggs Turkey Skillet and Avocado Burgers. One package of turkey and two super easy, delicious and WLS friendly meals! You’re winning!!
Salsa & Eggs Turkey Skillet - High Protein Recipe
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa of choice
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Heat nonstick skillet to medium high heat. Brown ground turkey and drain.
- Add salsa and cumin and stir to combine. Crack eggs over top of ground turkey, season with salt and pepper and cover. Cook until set, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve.