Back to School Special!
$25 to BariBox, with purchase of 12 month membership*See Details
*new customers only
Steak Sauce Meatloaf – Simple Low Carb WLS Recipe
At the time of this post, there are FOURTEEN other meatloaf recipes on this website. Yup. I simply adore meatloaf. Rain, shine, snow or crazy Oklahoma weather that leads our weatherman to makeup new terms….meatloaf sounds good in any condition.
I create low-carb meatloaf by using grated parmesan cheese instead of any starchy ingredients like breadcrumbs or oats. This is one of the best tricks in the book for postop weight loss surgery patients. If you’ve had bariatric surgery, meatloaf is a wonderful choice when made correctly. Packed with protein and flavor, you will fill up on a small portion and stay full for hours. Be sure to take very small bites and eat slowly to fill up comfortably at your meal.
Gastric Sleeve, Bypass and Band patients – you should also try making meatloaf in mini sizes by using a muffin pan! Freeze half the batch and reheat when you need a quick meal. Try these Chicken Parmesan Mini Meatloaves! Or these Mini Zucchini Meatloaves!!
Recipe modified from KraftFoods.com
Steak Sauce Meatloaf
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup steak sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Reserve half the tomato sauce. Mix remaining tomato sauce with remaining ingredients.
- Divide meat into two loaves and shape onto a rimmed baking sheet. Two loaves will bake slightly faster.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until done (160ºF), draining fat and topping meatloaf with reserved sauce after 20 min.