Cinnamon Protein Ice Cream – Bariatric Friendly Desserts
Last summer I got a wild hair to try making some protein ice cream recipes. I couldn’t believe it when they worked!
I splurged and got a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and never looked back. If you love ice cream and need to avoid it, I would recommend investing in one of these! Aff link: Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, White
For this cinnamon ice cream, I used a Sugar-Free Cinnamon Syrup which was on clearance at Target. No worries, you can buy this and other flavors online too! Aff link: Da Vinci Sugar Free Cinnamon Syrup with Splenda 750 ml Bottle
The recipe really is simple. Once you have the machinery, this recipe goes quickly. I use an immersion blender to mix to ingredients before putting it in the machine. While I feel it’s the best way, it’s not a make it or break it item. You can use a good old fashion spoon to get the mixture together.
Try out the other protein ice cream recipes I’ve made too!
Cinnamon Protein Ice Cream - Bariatric Friendly Desserts
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla or unflavored whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup light whipped topping
- 1/4 cup no calorie sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1 tbsp Sugar-Free Cinnamon Syrup (or 1 tsp cinnamon extract)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together using an immersion blender or spoon.
- Place mixture into the frozen ice cream maker bowl.
- Turn on the machine and mixture should be ready in 5-10 minutes.
- Without machine: Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.