Ricotta Bake Recipe, Bariatric Puree and Soft Stage
Soft or Puree Stage Bariatric Recipe
Ricotta bake to change up flavor and texture during the puree or soft stage diet after bariatric surgery
This Ricotta Bake recipe is a great way to change up your Bariatric Puree Diet!
It is true the Bariatric Surgery Puree diet is limited. Programs will categorize the Puree Stage and the Soft Stage differently than others too. Depending on your program, you may have a more or less restricted healing diet than others.
No matter what, the soft and puree stage is certainly not for the faint of heart. I imagine you are going crazy by now looking for textures and flavors that aren’t so darn sweet!
This oven ricotta bake dish is a great way to break things up a bit with flavor. It’s very savory, but yes…it is still soft. You’ll start enjoying a little bit more texture with this dish but I assure you, more textures will soon be coming back into your life!
Always remember, when starting a new food after surgery, don’t add other foods (so you can know if you had an issue who the culprit was) and take things slow. Focus on TINY bites (think pencil eraser) eat slowly and stop at the very first sign that you should stop. Try not to take more than 30 minutes as that promotes grazing, but do take your time.
MORE soft and puree recipes for your healing journey!
Be sure and visit the Recipes page here on Bariatric Food Coach and use the dropdown menu for Soft and Puree!! Or click here for another way to view the recipes!
Oven Baked Ricotta
- 1/2 cup low fat Ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and stir well to combine. Mixture will look slightly brown and gritty but should be smooth.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide mixture into four wells of a muffin pan. Tip: silicone muffin pans are easy to work with and clean quickly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve.