Fried Eggs on Parmesan Crust
WLS Friendly Breakfast Recipe
You might be thinking, “can I have fried eggs after weight loss surgery?” The answer is yes! Just without the oil :) Keep reading…stay with me…
As soon as you get the “okay” to have eggs again, it can be the most exciting meal after living on post-op shakes and liquids! However, it can be easy to get bored with the same scrambled egg every morning too.
If you’ve had Gastric Sleeve, Bypass, DS or any other WLS procedure, try this delicious spin on fast eggs for breakfast! I love the texture the crust brings the eggs. It’s also a very simple meal and doens’t add much time to the morning routine. Great if you want something tasty…but you really have to get going soon!
As always, it’s a big deal to take your time eating after surgery. Small bites and eating slowly are KEY to feeling great after your meal and not misreading when to stop. It’s so common that patients eat too fast or too big of bites and stop eating TOO SOON because they thought they were full. Low and behold just a few hours later they are hungry all over again!
I also have to say…many patients focus more on chewing, chewing, chewing and not enough on the size of the bite they took in the first place! Aim for bites the size of black beans (I know, so tiny!) and you will really settle in to what size of meal fits your pouch best. It’s different for each person, each surgery and even how long it’s been SINCE surgery!
For more post-op guidance, encouragement, ideas and so on…join our ! Simple sign up in the side bar ->
You might also like…
Fried Eggs on Parmesan Cheese Crust
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped or other herb of choice
- Spread cheese in an even circle in the bottom of a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Crack two eggs over the pile. Cover. Cook until the yolks are firmed. (Slightly shake the pan with the handle to see if they are firm).
- Remove lid and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate.
- Top with herbs and serve.