Need an easy lunch…fast??
I love to prep my fridge (or lunch bag if out of the house) with great toppings for a delicious lettuce wrap. A list might look something like this:
- A really good head of lettuce like Romaine or Butterleaf
- A veggie with a bit of crunch like bell peppers or cucumbers
- A sliced lean deli meat like turkey or roast beef
- A reduced fat cheese such as reduced fat cheddar cheese or low-fat mozzarella
- Something from the heart healthy fats section…but not more than one. For example I would use hummus OR light ranch OR thin avocado slices
- And sometimes a nice wild card like turkey bacon. I will cook up plenty so it’s cooked and ready to go.
I love to layer them all up right before I eat them (which doesn’t take long) instead of putting them together and packing them for the day. It’s a fun process to assemble and takes the same amount of time it would for me to reheat leftovers. Great summertime lunch!!