Italian Stuffed Red Peppers – Bariatric Recipes
I have been on such a bell pepper kick lately! Earlier this week I made Bell Pepper Chicken Nachos and tonight’s stuffed peppers were out of this world. Even though Mr W guessed the secret ingredient was cilantro, because in his world, there is always a secret ingredient…and he is just the man to guess what it is.
Spoiler alert: there is no cilantro in Italian Stuffed Peppers.
Italian Stuffed Red Peppers - Bariatric Recipes
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and pat dry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450F. Remove stems from bell peppers and cut in half. Remove seeds and ribs; set aside.
- Brown turkey sausage with 1 clove garlic. Add marinara sauce, spinach, basil & oregano. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon out turkey mixture into each bell pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve.