Lemon Zucchini Pasta with Tomatoes – WLS Recipes
Yes!!! Yes I’m so serious! Pasta!
When I realized Pampered Chef had a way to make zucchini into “angel hair” type noodle strands…I couldn’t believe I didn’t know about it yet! I have used Spaghetti Squash…although it has a higher starch content so I never made it a habit. It also takes a while to roast the spaghetti squash so I wasn’t tempted to put in the work too often. This little $11 Julienne Peeler has changed everything! I no longer have to click away from pasta recipes!
I found this recipe on twitter from another dietitian – Lemon Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes & Gorgonzola. It sounded so delicious and fresh and summer-y. I thought of my little peeler buddy and decided to play around with her delightful dish.
I used zucchini squash and was able to easily peel them into strands. I cooked up some ground turkey on the stovetop and set it aside. Then I tossed the zucchini in a skillet with the tomatoes and let cook about 3-4 minutes (tossing/stirring occasionally) until they started to look almost “wet.”
I put them in a bowl and tossed with the juice of a lemon, 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles, fresh basil and a pinch of salt. I decided to skip the oil and didn’t miss it a bit. Fresh, summery, light and filling!!!
Because I love this peeler so much, I’ve decided to give one away! I will purchase and ship to the house of one luck winner :) For your chance to win, comment on this post where you find your motivation to eat well. Motivation can be hard to find so it’s great to hear from others! Then share this recipe on your Facebook wall (copy the link directly from this page and paste into your status)!
Lemon Zucchini Pasta with Tomatoes - WLS Recipes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes. halved
- 3 medium Zucchini Squash
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium high heat. Add ground turkey and brown.
- Meanwhile, make pasta like ribbons from the zucchini using a julienne peeler. Set aside.
- Once ground turkey is browned, remove from skillet and cover to keep warm. Add tomatoes and zucchini noodles to the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet and add to ground turkey.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon, gorgonzola crumbles, a pinch of salt and chopped fresh basil. Toss it all together and serve.