Zucchini Artichoke Bites – Bariatric Snacks
For post-bariatric surgery patients, recipes that can also be called “bites” are usually a good fit :)
These little guys are packed with flavor and have no starchy ingredient involved. It’s very easy to make and even easier to eat! It doesn’t provide much protein so I recommend pairing it with a lean meat. We used a Greek Seasoning on chicken breast and served it alongside our bites. Gastric sleeve and gastric bypass patients are sure to enjoy the flavor with lots of leftovers!
This recipe was adapted from a Pampered Chef® Season’s Best cookbook and is easiest to prepare with their amazing cooking tools. The recipe can be created just fine without the products but did make it super easy on me.
Zucchini Artichoke Bites - Bariatric Snacks
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, well drained of water and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning (or mix together 1 tsp each oregano, thyme and basil)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place zucchini rounds on a pizza stone or a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together parmesan cheese, diced artichoke, diced bell pepper, Greek yogurt, garlic and seasoning. Mix well until blended.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to evenly scoop topping onto each zucchini slice.
- Bake 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and serve.