Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Yellow mustard, orange slices and a tiny drip of honey over skillet cooked pork chops
Yes, a tiny bit of honey
I hesitate to even say it, but I DID actually use honey in a recipe. BUT HEAR ME OUT!
It was one teaspoon for four pork chops and you’ll have sauce left over. So really it’s like less than one quarter of a teaspoon of honey. Phew. I feel better for my confession.
The real question is whether you feel like having a honey bear in your house. Maybe you’re like me and you’re husband puts honey in his tea so you had some in the back of the pantry somewhere. If you’re not like me and you have no honey, you might see if you can just get a packet for free somewhere. Seriously! I would venture to guess my local grocery store has honey in their hot food line area.
Otherwise this recipe is sweetened with Truvia to take the edge off of the yellow mustard.
But you do have to like yellow mustard
For sure. If you do not like mustard, this is not your recipe my friend. I personally love the flavor the orange, honey and sweetener bring to this mustard sauce over seasoned pork. But you do have to like mustard.
Honey Mustard Pork Chop
- 4 pork chops boneless
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 4 packets Stevia or other no calorie, natural sweetener
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 4 slices orange
- Season both sides of pork with salt and pepper. Spray a non-stick skillet with olive oil or cooking spray. Heat to medium high heat.
- Add pork to the pan. Top each pork chop with 1 orange slice. Cover and let cook 4-5 minutes. Flip the pork over, putting the orange slice back on top.
- Meanwhile, mix together yellow mustard, Stevia, honey and garlic. Spoon mixture on top of the pork chops. (Put the orange slice to the side, add sauce, put orange slice back on). Turn to low heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Once pork has reached 140 F, remove from heat and serve.